Countdown to Churchill
I will be flying to Winnipeg on February 12 and then taking the train from Winnipeg to Churchill. Your first challenge is to discover what I might experience on that train ride. Find some travel blogs or sites created by others who have taken that train ride. Answer the following questions:
* What are some of the locations that I will be passing through?
* How will the ecosystems change over the course of my trip?
* What latitude will I board at and what is the latitude of Churchill?
* What are some of the highlights of Churchill besides polar bears? (Churchill is the polar bear capital of the world!)
* What are my chances of seeing a polar bear this time of year...what are their hibernation/behavior patterns?
* And finally, what time will the sun rise and set in Churchill when I arrive on February 14th? Is that different than the times it will rise and set here and why?
When you post your response, which you will receive a grade for, don't forget to make it your own. In the subject box put the number of your period followed by a dash and then your initials. For example, Rebecca Ann Smith in third period Marine Ecology would put: 3-RAS. Good luck. I look forward to your findings.