Somehow the topic of climate change has become a political issue. In order to become a good citizen, you need to learn to separate science from bias and opinion. So let's explore a bit of where the bias might have come from and see if we can focus on the science...
1. Define "global warming" and "climate change."
2. What is the main difference between the two above phrases?
3. How do you feel when you hear each of the above phrases? Is there any difference in your reaction to the two?
4. Ask your parents how they would define each, and how they feel when each is brought up. Why do you think that is?
5. What would you like me to ask Dr. Peter Kershaw, the head researcher, about his findings on climate change over the course of the past several years?