Home, warm home
Well, I've been back in warm Southern CA for almost three weeks now. It was quite an adjustment to return...to work of a different kind, to being able to move freely in my clothes, to eating half as much food, to not having my "team" around me 24/7. The adjustment was rather bittersweet.
Things that I'm grateful to have experienced and will miss:
- an incredibly stimulating and diverse group of people to work with
- being a part of a huge undertaking in science that will be used for decades
- being woken in the middle of the night to see the sky dance
- the thrill of building something as unique as an igloo and then sleeping in it
- looking in the eyes of a wild and free female wolf
- salsa dancing, cookie eating, group karaoke, shared belly laughs
- hot shots in my mittens
- qumatak races
- snow sparkles
Thanks for joining in this experience with me. Thanks for adding to it with your thoughts and questions. I always love hearing from you.
Check out an article in the local paper: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/stafne-change-climate-2332054-students-trip and consider signing up for your own trip...